登陆注册
22252

第31期:Can I ask a favor? 可以请你帮个忙吗?

诺哈网2023-08-09 16:49:130

「晨读音频」

Hello English learners! Welcome back to my channel. I’m Reevs. Good morning!

大家好,欢迎来到懒人英语晨读栏目,我是Reevs,早上好呀。

And I’m bringing you another great elementary lesson today. One that takes place at the office.

今天我要带来另一节很棒的基础课,内容是发生在办公室里的事情。

Today I’m gonna teach you some great phrases, so that you can ask people to help you.

今天我要教你一些很棒的短语,这样你就可以请求别人帮助你了。

Okay, let’s go straight to the dialogue then.

好的, 那我们直接开始对话吧。

「对话文本」

A: Um, sorry to bother you, um... my name is Rachel. I’m new here. Can I ask you for a favor?

呃,不好意思打扰您,呃…… 我叫Rachel,我是新来的,可以请你帮个忙吗?

B: Hi Rachel, welcome on board. I’m afraid I can’t help you right now. I’m getting ready for a very important meeting.

嗨,Rachel, 欢迎加入。恐怕我现在帮不了你。我正准备要参加一个重要的会议。

A: Excuse me, but can I bother you for a second?

实在抱歉,但我能就打扰你一会吗?

C: You know what, I’d love to help you, but I’m about to meet an important client. Do you wanna ask Sean instead? He sits right over there.

你知道吗,我是想帮你的,但是我要去见一位重要的客户。你要不要问问Sean?他坐在那边。

A: Sorry to interrupt you Sean, could you do me a quick favor?

不好意思打扰您, Sean, 能帮我个小忙吗?

D: Actually, I’m working on a document that is due in a couple minutes. I really can’t talk right now. Sorry about that.

事实上,我正在写一个文件需要在几分钟内完成。我现在真的不能和你聊天。不好意思。

A: Geeze! I just want to know where the bathroom is! What’s wrong with you people!

天啊,我只是想知道厕所在哪里!这些人是怎么了!

「重要发音技巧」

Welcome back. Let’s start with some useful pronunciation tips.

欢迎回来。让我们先来看对话中实用的发音技巧。

1. 失爆: can’t help / right now

对话中:

I’m afraid I can’t help you right now.

失爆分析:当两个单词相邻时,前一个单词词尾是爆破音,后一个单词开头是辅音的时候,这时候前面的爆破音不发出声音,稍作停顿。

例如:

can’t help /kænthelp/(/t/为爆破音,/h/为辅音)

right now /raɪtnaʊ/(/t/为爆破音,/n/为辅音)

复述:I’m afraid I can’t help you right now.

2. 弱读:for

对话中:

I’m getting ready for a very important meeting.

弱读分析:在句子中,意思相对不重要的单词可以进行弱读,比如介词,像这里的介词 for /fɔːr/, 可以弱读为/fər/,/ə/发音时舌头自然放在口腔里就好。

复述:I’m getting ready for a very important meeting.

「核心单词掌握」

Now, let’s take a look at some interesting words from the dialogue.

现在,让我们来看看对话中有趣的单词。

The first one is “instead”.

第一个单词就是“instead”。

1. instead /ɪnˈsted/ adv. 代替

It means “in the place of”.

它的意思是取代。

So, for example, if for a dinner, I could say, “I’ll have the chicken instead of the fish.”

所以,例如,如果在晚餐中,我可以说“我要鸡肉,而不是鱼。”

Okay, let’s move to our next word “interrupt”.

好的,我们继续来看下一个单词 “interrupt”。

2. interrupt /ˌɪntəˈrʌpt/ v. 打断

So, when somebody interrupts you, they’re coming and they talk to you while you’re doing something.

所以,当有人打断你的时候,就是他们会在你做某件事的时候,来找你并和你说话。

Or maybe you’re busy and people come and bother you.

也许你很忙, 人们会来打扰你。

For example:

I’m sorry to interrupt, but there's someone wants to talk to you.

很抱歉打扰你,但是有人想跟你谈谈。

「实用口语表达」

Okay, so, we looked at some interesting vocabulary and now we can look at some great phrases.

好的,我们学习了一些很有趣的词汇,现在我们可以学习一些很好的短语。

Today we have many phrases, so why don’t we just start with the first one?

今天我们会学习很多的短语,为什么我们不从第一个开始呢?

The first phrase we have is "on board".

我们学习的第一个短语是 “on board”.

1. on board 入职

Welcome on board.

欢迎加入。

I’ve got an example for you.

我来给你举个例子。

例如:

Welcome on board, Sarah. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

欢迎加入我们的公司,萨拉,如果你有什么问题,请随时问我。

So, basically it means “Welcome to the company or the team.”

所以,基本上它的意思是欢迎加入我们公司,或者团队。

Okay, and our next phrase is "about to".

好的,让我们来看下一个短语“about to”。

2. about to 将要

I’m about to... 我将要......

So, this is a great phrase to explain that you’re about to do something.

所以,这是一个很好的短语来解释你将要做的事情。

I’m going to do this thing really soon.

我很快就要做这件事了。

Okay, so, for example, you can say, “I’m about to go out for lunch.”

好的,所以,比如,你可以说 “我要出去吃午饭。”

Now, I’m gonna teach you some useful expressions of how you can ask someone for a favor.

现在,我要来教同学们一些“如何请别人帮忙”的实用表达了。

3. “如何请别人帮忙”的几种实用表达

例1:

Can I ask you a favor?Can you just finish this report for me?

你能帮我完成这份报告吗?

例2:

Could you do me a favor and pass me that file?

你能帮我一个忙,把那份文件递给我吗?

Okay, so, those were great examples of asking for a favor.

好的,这些都是请求别人帮忙的好例子。

In our dialogue we heard, “Can I ask you for a favor?”

在对话中,我们听到 “我能请你帮个忙吗?”

But we could also say “Will you do me a favor?

但是我们也可以说:“你能帮我一个忙吗?”

Now, let’s say you want to ask someone for a favor. But they’re busy.

现在比如说,你想请某人帮个忙。但是他们很忙。

So, you’ll need some phrases to help you do this and interrupt somebody.

所以,你需要一些短语来帮助你做到这一点以及用来表达打断别人。

So let’s listen to some examples.

那么,让我们来听几个例子。

For example:

I hate to bother you, but…

比如我不想打扰你,但是……

I’m sorry to bother you, but…

很抱歉打扰你,但是……

So, maybe you wanna talk to your boss, you knock on his door, kind of open it a little bit and say “I’m sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you have time for meeting today?”

所以,也许你想和你的老板谈谈,你敲他的门,打开一点点,说:“很抱歉打扰你,但我想知道你今天是否有时间见面。”

Or you could say “I hate to bother you, but do you have time for a meeting today?”

或者你可以说:“很抱歉打扰你,但是你今天有时间开个会吗?”

So, we can combine them. I could say "I hate to bother you, but can you do me a favor?"

所以,我们可以把它们组合起来。我可以说:“我不想打扰你,但是你能帮我一个忙吗?”

Now, it’s time for us to review what we've learned today.

现在我们来回顾一下今天所学习的,要跟上我一起来认真回顾,思考起来。

「今日所学回顾」

1. 发音重点:失爆: can’t help / right now弱读:for

2. 单词重点:

instead /ɪnˈsted/ adv. 代替interrupt /ˌɪntəˈrʌpt/ v. 打断

3. 表达重点:on board 入职about to 将要请求别人帮忙:

Can I ask you a favor?

Could you do me a favor?

Will you do me a favor?礼貌和别人说话:

I hate to bother you, but…

I’m sorry to bother you, but…

Alright, that's all for today. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoy today's lesson.

0000
评论列表
共(0)条
热点
关注
推荐